Wednesday, August 8, 2007

New Cheap Chinese Experience

I'm in a hotel with no cronies to hang with, so I'm not motivated to go out and dine like a king. Tomorrow, I think I will. It's my last night.

Tonight, I just wanted Chinese take out. I found a joint about 3 minutes from the hotel called "China Express". I thought I would take my chances.

They had something called "Governor's Shrimp". This involved breaded jumbo shrimp (or swimps, if you're from Virginia), with hot peppers, peanuts, broccoli, and water chestnuts. Most everything on their menu had carrots (i.e. filler). This didn't, so I gave it a whirl. Oh, baby, was it good! I ate enough for a family of four, and I didn't even bother with the rice.

Let's see how it goes as it works it's way through.

I did a Google search for Governor's Shrimp and everything came up Wisconsin. I need to know, who was this Governor, and why isn't he sharing with the rest of the nation?

1 comment: