Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Metro-stinkin-politans

The Mets were supposed to have an insurmountable lead by now. They are barely over .500, and the Phillies (can you stand it?) are right on their heels. Pitching has been shaky, and hitting has been weak.

I still have confidence that they make the post-season, but for crying out loud, they need to take command in the NL if they have any chance against the AL pennant winner.

Come on you Mets fans out there, send your good Karma to the team. I think they need it.

2 comments:

Yo Scott said...

and watch out, the Braves just picked up a bat and 2 pitchers to put the pressure on.... doesn't look good for the mets!

dsbowers said...

Yeah, that scares me too. Phillies may just be a fluke. The Mets series with Milwaukee went well this week, so I'm feeling good now, but I'll be biting my nails until the end of the season.