Thursday, August 9, 2007

Funny About My Pasta

LBB, and now TB, and I have a saying that we are "funny about" things. LBB is funny about her laundry: don't touch it! TB is funny about his breakfast: don't let the pancake syrup touch the (fake, Morningstar) sausage!

I'm funny about a number of things, but tonight I'm funny about my pasta. I'm tired, so I ordered room service. Last time I stayed here, I saw a tasty looking seafood alfredo on a plate in the restaurant. I thought I'd give that a whirl tonight.

The menu says "fettuccini" alfredo. That's key. Alfredo sauce needs to be on a noodle, not a tube (unless the tube and sauce are baked in a caserole). Well, what arrived is fargin' ZITI alfredo and there is almost no alfredo. It was hidden under a lid until I finished my salad.

You know what that tells me? Either I'm the first one to order this in a long, long time, or they ran out of the proper pasta.

Leo the lion ain't going "grr", he's going "Goddam, get it right, people!"

No comments: