Monday, August 20, 2007

Ryan Seacrest to Host Yet Another Thing

Looks like Ryan Seacrest is going to host the Emmy Awards. Why don't we just put an end to the speculation and ask him to host everything from here on out? He's got Idol and American Top 40 on the radio. He has hosted dozens of award shows, pageants, red carpet galas, and any other Hollywood extravaganza that you can imagine. Just give him the job for everything.

Send Whoopi, Regis, Conan and Billy Crystal down to the second tier. Jon Stewart, Chris Rock, and Ellen DeGeneres: there's a ribbon cutting ceremony down at the new Lincoln Mercury dealership in San Bernardino. Better get going, they need an MC.

Ryan gets the big jobs now, but why? I don't get it. Clearly he's riding the wave of American Idol, but he is certainly not the reason people tune in.

I don't care for award shows, overall. I'm glad we've gotten past the days of uncomfortable forced banter between the presenters or "Fartman" drifting down from the rafters. Still, there's nobody more innocuous than Ryan Seacrest, so any shock factor will have to come from the presenters and the acceptance speeches.

Maybe Colbert was crossed off the list after he skewered the President last year. I'll tell you who should host if they really want to make an awards show into a big fun mess: Trey Parker and Matt Stone from South Park. That would be worth watching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't appreaciate your comment about Ryan Seacrest. I personally think he is the BEST host out there & he know's what he is doing. You can tell he has a good time when he is hosting a show. He has a great personallity & he is a very likeable guy!! I wish him the best in everything he does & I hope to see alot of Ryan

Anonymous said...

That is the DORKIEST comment I think I've ever read on a blog, kris! Big deal if not everyone thinks the universe revolves around this dude--I think "Ryan" will manage okay without your sycophantic devotion...